Helperbird vs Read & Write
Here at Helperbird, we believe in choice, some people love iPhones over Androids others love Ford over Volkswagon. There is no one solution for everyone but see why over 900,000 people use Helperbird over Read & Write tofor their accessibility and learning options.
TRUSTED BY OVER 1,200,000 FORWARD-THINKING USERS
What you can expect with Helperbird
Over 900,000 use Helperbird every day. Allowing them to be more accessible and productive on the web.
See something wrong with the table below? Was a new feature added? Let me know and we will update stright away.
Speak As I Type
Dynamic Text Leveling
Extract text from images (OCR)
Color blindess tools
Dyslexia ruler options
Remove flashing images
Text to speech
Text to speech options
14 natural voices
Similar Word Checker
Highlight & Collect
Sync settings & styles
Google doc support
Similar Word Checker
Text editor app
Google Docs app
What our Helperbird customers say
Over 1,200,000 use Helperbird every day. Allowing them to be more accessible and productive on the web.
Frequently asked questions
Can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Reach out to our customer support team.
- What is Helperbird?
- With a delightfully intuitive and easy-to-use design, Helperbird is your all-in-one extension that provides personalized support to make web pages, PDFs and documents more accessible and productive to your needs. It’s designed to help everyone with the web in a way that suits their abilities learning styles and lifestyle.
- Do you offer discounts?
- Yes. When you pay for a year upfront, you’ll get two months free. We also offer discounts for students.
- How do I login
- We use the email your logged into Google Chrome or your browser. Suppose you need to update your email. Just contact us.
- Do you accept purchase orders?
- Yes we do. You can either contact support or visit our purchase orders page
- Do I need a student email for the student pricing?
- Yes, we are doing the honour system here. We will follow up to ask for confirmation you are a student.
- Is Helperbird Free?
- Yes. We give you the basic features for free. Those features will always be free. We have a Pro version, which helps support the development of Helperbird and the costs with the Pro features. We keep our prices as low as possible, which lower than others. If you have any questions I would love to answer them.
- Can we cancel at any time?
- There's no minimum contract for Helperbird — cancel at any time without penalty or hassle.. To cancel, open up the app, go to the subscription option, and click cancel.
- Why are we charging for this?
- The $6.99 per month is to support the cost of the development of new and upcoming features. We also do a yearly subscription for $60.00 as this is a one-person team.
- What browsers does Helperbird run on?
- Currently Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Edge. Coming soon on macOS Safari extension and iPad.
- I have a suggestion!
- Excellent I would love to hear about it! Email [email protected] with your suggestion.
- Does Helperbird and OpenDyslexic work on Google Docs?
- Yes! Google Docs currently doesn't support some fonts like OpenDyslexic. So we built CSS and support for these fonts.
- What if I have more questions?
- We'd be happy to answer them.