Friendly people, standing by to help.
Always a human, never a bot. The hands-down, sharpest, and friendliest support team in the ed-tech world. Contact us and we’ll get back to you in 5 minutes or less
What's the issue?
Frequently asked questions
Can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Reach out to our customer support team.
- What is Helperbird?
- With a delightfully intuitive and easy-to-use design, Helperbird is your all-in-one extension that provides personalized support to make web pages, PDFs and documents more accessible and productive to your needs. It’s designed to help everyone with the web in a way that suits their abilities learning styles and lifestyle.
- Do you offer discounts?
- Yes. When you pay for a year upfront, you’ll get two months free. We also offer discounts for students.
- How do I login
- We use the email your logged into Google Chrome or your browser. Suppose you need to update your email. Just contact us.
- Do you accept purchase orders?
- Yes we do. You can either contact support or visit our purchase orders page
- Do I need a student email for the student pricing?
- Yes, we are doing the honour system here. We will follow up to ask for confirmation you are a student.
- Is Helperbird Free?
- Yes. We give you the basic features for free. Those features will always be free. We have a Pro version, which helps support the development of Helperbird and the costs with the Pro features. We keep our prices as low as possible, which lower than others. If you have any questions I would love to answer them.
- Can we cancel at any time?
- There's no minimum contract for Helperbird — cancel at any time without penalty or hassle.. To cancel, open up the app, go to the subscription option, and click cancel.
- Why are we charging for this?
- The $6.99 per month is to support the cost of the development of new and upcoming features. We also do a yearly subscription for $60.00 as this is a one-person team.
- What browsers does Helperbird run on?
- Currently Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Edge. Coming soon on macOS Safari extension and iPad.
- I have a suggestion!
- Excellent I would love to hear about it! Email [email protected] with your suggestion.
- Does Helperbird and OpenDyslexic work on Google Docs?
- Yes! Google Docs currently doesn't support some fonts like OpenDyslexic. So we built CSS and support for these fonts.
- What if I have more questions?
- We'd be happy to answer them.
Discover how to use Helperbird with our simple to follow videos.
Enable high contrast mode
Learn how to use Helperbirds high contrast themes and how to apply them.
Hide images on any website
With Helperbird, you can hide all images on website. Do you know how to do it?
Adjust line, word, and letter spacing on websites
Adjust words, line heights, and font sizes to make your website more readable.
Make any website greyscale
Apply a grey scale filter to your website to make it more readable.
How to change font size on any website
Change the font sizes of your website to make it more readable. Including Titles and paragraphs.
How to add sticky notes/annotate to any website
Annotate every website, pdfs and more with Helperbirds sticky notes. What how to use them.
How to reset Helperbird
Some times, you want to reset everything back to the default settings. Do you know how to do it?
How to change the background color on websites
Change the background of any page to any color you want to make it more readable.
How to use color blindness features in Helperbird
Helperbird has amazing color blind features. Do you know how to use them?
How to change cursor size on websites
Change the cursor to any several different sizes, match it to your needs.
How to add a dyslexia ruler to any website
Helperbirds dyslexia ruler and several settings make it easy to read and write on websites.
How to Add Favorite Settings in Helperbird
Discover how to favorite different Helperbird settings.
How to change the font color on any website
Change the color of all texts on PDFs, websites and more.
How to change fonts on any website
Change the font of all texts on PDFs, websites and more. From dyslexia fonts to more easier to read fonts.
Make any website greyscale
Learn how to add a greyscale filter to any website.
How to change the color of highlighted text on the web
How to add a highlighted box to paragraphs on a website
Learn how to add a highlighted box around every paragraph, breaking them up to make it easier to read.
How to change text link colors on websites
Change the link colors to make them stand out on any website.
How to Search in Helperbird
Search for features in Helperbird.
How to manage your Helperbird settings and subscription
Learn how to manage your Helperbird subscription, from upgrading to cancelling.