Your all-in-one extension for dyslexia support
Whether you're reading the latest movie review or writing a quick email. Helperbird provides personalized support for browsing, reading, and writing on the web. Make web pages, PDFs, and documents accessible and productive to your needs.
TRUSTED BY OVER 1,200,000 FORWARD-THINKING USERS
Features for everyones reading and writing styles
Helperbird gives you everything you need to unlock your full potential.
Keep track of everyone's salaries and whether or not they've been paid. Direct deposit not supported.
All of your receipts organized into one place, as long as you don't mind typing in the data by hand.
We only sell our software to companies who don't deal with VAT at all, so technically we do all the VAT stuff they need.
Easily export your data into an Excel spreadsheet where you can do whatever the hell you want with it.
Features at glance
Helperbird offers a range of power tools to customize the web to your needs to improve your accessibility, reading, writing, studying, and productivity needs.
Game-changing features like Reader Mode, Immersive Reader by Microsoft, Dyslexia support (Fonts, rulers, overlays), text to speech with natural voices, text extracting, translations, word prediction, voice typing, and 28 other features.
Highlight or annotate web pages, documents, pdfs, ebooks and more to improve research and study.
Letters & Words spacing
Adjust letter and word spacing, font size and line-height according to your needs.
Image & Alt descriptions
Show Alt & Image descriptions on mouse over.
Find the amount of letters, characters and words in seconds.
Auto-scroll on any website and save it in three different modes; slow, medium and fast.
Helperbirds reading list helps you with Organization, Syncing websites to read later.
Color blindness features including emphasize Links and adding stroke to text. More coming
Choose between different cursor sizes; extra large, large, normal and small.
Dictionary app by Helperbird allows you to easily lookup the meaning of any English word.
Create, edit and delete documents in a full editor. Export and import to Google docs, Markdown and more.
Change the font sizes of any website or document.
Helperbird gives free translation support to any website, PDF or app.
Removes all color from websites, turning them gray. Can be set for specific sites and tabs, or for all sites.
Hide all images
Hides all images or just gifs on a website and show them again when your ready.
High Contrast allows you to invert every color on the page, to be high contrast. Four different themes to choose from.
Add a colorfull border around paragraphs while reading. Making it easier to break up long bodies of text.
Immersive Reader by Microsoft can improve reading comprehension and increase fluency for English language learners.
Mute videos and audio
Quickly mute videos and audio in your browser.
Take notes anywhere. Anytime. Any website.
Take notes anywhere. Find information faster. Share ideas with anyone. Meeting notes, web pages,projects, to-do lists—with Helperbird as your note taking app, nothing falls through the cracks.
Extract text from images (OCR)
A powerful optical character recognition (OCR) to capture and convert text from images.
Overlays & tints
People who don't like bright white web pages can now change the overlay color of a web page with the overlay feature.
Set the width of paragraphs. Making it easier to focus and read.
Access Helperbirds features in PDF documents.
Print pages with your custom fonts and Helperbirds settings.
Helperbirds don`t sell, store, or consume any user data. We do not store data or any other user-related content.
View for clutter-free web pages, removes ads and distractions from any webpage with complete customization.
Reading ruler, useful when you are reading long texts on the web.
A dyslexia ruler allows users to place a transparent ruler on a web page to improve reading focus.
Screenshot of any page
Take screenshots in your browser the easy way. Includes any Helperbird settings aswell.
Learn Helperbirds keyboard shortcuts and become a pro.
Change the font on any website to specialized fonts for dyslexics and others. Convert the font on websites to use OpenDyslexic, Lexend and more.
Type text using your voice. Speak using your voice, and it will be typed into a notepad where you can edit it.
We are currently building out our Speed reading features, we would love your feedback and suggestions.
Spelling & Grammar Checker
Write with confidence thanks to Helperbird, your intelligent grammar, spelling checker.
Fonts and background colors
Change fonts and background color. Helperbird provides a way to change web page font and background colors.
Helperbird automatically summarizes the web page into bullet points.
Adjust the text alignment of any page, making it easier to read in just one click!
Natural Text to Speech
Turn text into lifelike natural speech. Helperbird can read aloud the content of any web pages, ebooks and pdfs with natural sounding voices.
Helperbirds word prediction is smart & spelling aware. Supporting on every website, even Google docs.
Page & text magnifier
Increase page & text magnifier. Increase your page and zoom on any page.
Frequently asked questions
Can’t find the answer you’re looking for?
Reach out to our customer support team.
- What is Helperbird?
- With a delightfully intuitive and easy-to-use design, Helperbird is your all-in-one extension that provides personalized support to make web pages, PDFs, and documents more accessible and productive to your needs. It is designed to help everyone with the web in a way that suits their abilities learning styles and lifestyle.
- Do you offer discounts?
- Yes. When you pay for a year upfront, you will get two months free. We also offer discounts for students.
- How do I login
- We use the email your logged into Google Chrome or your browser. Suppose you need to update your email. Just contact us.
- Do you accept purchase orders?
- Yes, we do. You can either contact support or visit our purchase orders page.
- Do I need a student email for the student pricing?
- Yes, we are doing the honour system here. We will follow up to ask for confirmation you are a student.
- Is Helperbird Free?
- Yes. We give you the basic features for free. Those features will always be free. We have a Pro version, which helps support the development of Helperbird and the costs with the Pro features. We keep our prices as low as possible, which lower than others. If you have any questions I would love to answer them.
- Can we cancel at any time?
- There's no minimum contract for Helperbird — cancel at any time without penalty or hassle.. To cancel, open up the app, go to the subscription option, and click cancel.
- Why are we charging for this?
- The $6.99 per month is to support the cost of the development of new and upcoming features. We also do a yearly subscription for $60.00 as this is a one-person team.
- What browsers does Helperbird run on?
- Currently Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Edge. Coming soon on macOS Safari extension and iPad.
- I have a suggestion!
- Excellent I would love to hear about it! Email [email protected] with your suggestion.
- Does Helperbird and OpenDyslexic work on Google Docs?
- Yes! Google Docs currently doesn't support some fonts like OpenDyslexic. So we built CSS and support for these fonts.
- What if I have more questions?
- We'd be happy to answer them.
What our Helperbird customers say
Over 1,200,000 use Helperbird every day. Allowing them to be more accessible and productive on the web.