Read. Write. Adapt the web to your needs.
Whether you're reading the latest movie review or writing a quick email. Helperbird provides personalized support for browsing, reading, and writing on the web. Make web pages, PDFs, and documents accessible and productive to your needs.
Features include a built-in
TRUSTED BY OVER 1,200,000 FORWARD-THINKING COMPANIES
Level up your study & research skills
Leave sticky notes or use our highlighter to highlight important text on websites, documents, pdfs, ebooks and everything else on the website.
Want to read a article later? Save it to your reading list.
Helperbird brings all the tools you need to bring your study skills to the next.
Supports Google Classroom, Word, Google Docs and Slides.
“I have been trying to find ways to make my child happy to go to school again, and someone recommended helperbird. She loves helperbird, and she is now much happier about the idea of returning to school. I think this might be a game changer, as they do so much web based schoolwork and research. She says "they really understand people with dyslexia.”
Customize & View clutter-free web pages!
Helperbird's Reader mode strips away clutter-like ads and navigation while also letting you customize the layout and theme to fit your reading style. Making every website clutter and a distraction-free reading experience.
Fonts include Lexend, OpenDyslexic, and 18 others.
Built in Dyslexia support with Dyslexia Rulers, Overlays, text-to-speech and more to help you read any webpage.
Reading & writing tools
Word prediction at your fingertips on every website as you type with English, German, Spanish and French support. That's right even Google Docs.
Speak instead of typing on every website with our Voice typing.
Along with Reader Mode, Speed reading, Immersive reader, Text to speech with over 30 voices, and 28 other features to help with your reading and writing.
“Have an amazing collection of assistive tools that have benefits for everyone. For me, the combination of Microsoft's Immersive Reader and Apple's reading machine voice (US Alex) makes Helperbird my first choice for processing web content.”
Listen to any part of a Webpage and Google Docs
Turn text into life like natural speech. Helperbirds' text to speech allows you to read the content of any website, ebook, PDF or Google Docs with Natural sounding voices.
Helperbird has natural award-winning text to speech.
Features include 20 plus voices, pitch, speed and volume controls.
Support every type of learner including learning difficulties
Helperbirds' goal is to help everyone with and without a learning difficulties.
Helperbird offers award-winning support for dyslexia, reading, writing, color blindness, second langue learners and everyone else.
Everyone is different and have their own way to learn. Helperbird supports every learner by giving them the tools they need to achieve.
“I purchased this for my daughter who has been having a lot of difficulty accessing the online work set remotely by her teachers during our National Lockdown because of Covid-19. Her dyslexia was really hindering her ability to complete tasks and keep up which in turn led to increased anxiety levels...a really horrid place to be in during a global pandemic! Helper bird has been a vast help and I fully recommend it and wish more schools knew about it. Thank You Helper Bird.”
Features at glance
Helperbird offers a range of power tools to customize the web to your needs to improve your accessibility, reading, writing, studying, and productivity needs. Game-changing features like Reader Mode, Immersive Reader by Microsoft, Dyslexia support (Fonts, rulers, overlays), text to speech with natural voices, text extracting, translations, word prediction, voice typing, and 28 other features.
Frequently asked questions
Can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Reach out to our customer support team.
- What is Helperbird?
- With a delightfully intuitive and easy-to-use design, Helperbird is your all-in-one extension that provides personalized support to make web pages, PDFs and documents more accessible and productive to your needs. It’s designed to help everyone with the web in a way that suits their abilities learning styles and lifestyle.
- Do you offer discounts?
- Yes. When you pay for a year upfront, you’ll get two months free. We also offer discounts for students.
- How do I login
- We use the email your logged into Google Chrome or your browser. Suppose you need to update your email. Just contact us.
- Do you accept purchase orders?
- Yes we do. You can either contact support or visit our purchase orders page
- Do I need a student email for the student pricing?
- Yes, we are doing the honour system here. We will follow up to ask for confirmation you are a student.
- Is Helperbird Free?
- Yes. We give you the basic features for free. Those features will always be free. We have a Pro version, which helps support the development of Helperbird and the costs with the Pro features. We keep our prices as low as possible, which lower than others. If you have any questions I would love to answer them.
- Can we cancel at any time?
- There's no minimum contract for Helperbird — cancel at any time without penalty or hassle.. To cancel, open up the app, go to the subscription option, and click cancel.
- Why are we charging for this?
- The $6.99 per month is to support the cost of the development of new and upcoming features. We also do a yearly subscription for $60.00 as this is a one-person team.
- What browsers does Helperbird run on?
- Currently Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Edge. Coming soon on macOS Safari extension and iPad.
- I have a suggestion!
- Excellent I would love to hear about it! Email [email protected] with your suggestion.
- Does Helperbird and OpenDyslexic work on Google Docs?
- Yes! Google Docs currently doesn't support some fonts like OpenDyslexic. So we built CSS and support for these fonts.
- What if I have more questions?
- We'd be happy to answer them.
What our Helperbird customers say
Over 1,200,000 use Helperbird every day. Allowing them to be more accessible and productive on the web.