Guide TODAY WILL BE A GOOD DAY
By Helperbird Staff
TODAY WILL BE A GOOD DAY
- How positive thoughts might benefit dyslexic students.
Have a good day
- The words we tell ourselves can have a HUGE impact and having a positive outlook can benefit our
lives in many proven ways.
- Did you know that even though dyslexia does not cause anxiety, students with dyslexia tend to
struggle with anxiety as well? One study shows that dyslexic students, when compared to their
peers, show higher levels of anxiety. The study proposes that when assessments of dyslexic
students are performed, the emotional well-being of the student should also be considered.
- A separate study, performed by Kings College in London, took over 100 subjects diagnosed with
anxiety and had them focus on positive outcomes from the topics that caused the subject's worry.
The exercise actually showed significant reductions in anxiety, suggesting that positive thinking
can, perhaps even in small ways, help lessen the toll that negativity takes on our lives.
- So on this Monday, as we begin a new week of challenges to face, take a moment to tell yourself
some encouraging words, and imagine a positive outcome for the obstacles ahead.