Relied upon by Thousands of Business & Schools
Annotate any website
Highlight or annotate web pages, documents, pdfs, ebooks and more to improve research and study. Leaving sticking notes that help you with your research and homework.
“I have been trying to find ways to make my child happy to go to school again, and someone recommended helperbird. She loves helperbird, and she is now much happier about the idea of returning to school. I think this might be a game changer, as they do so much web based schoolwork and research. She says "they really understand people with dyslexia.”
Helperbird allows users to enable specialized web fonts for dyslexics and others. Convert the font on websites to use OpenDyslexic, Arial, Comic Sans, and more. Users can also zoom font on a web page to help with reading and focus.
View clutter-free web pages
Helperbird gives you a Reader Mode that removes ads and distractions from any webpage with complete customization.
“Have an amazing collection of assistive tools that have benefits for everyone. For me, the combination of Microsoft's Immersive Reader and Apple's reading machine voice (US Alex) makes Helperbird my first choice for processing web content.”
Listen to any part of your Webpages and Google Docs
Turn text into lifelike natural speech. Helperbird can read aloud the content of any web pages, ebooks and pdfs with natural sounding voices. With our natural award winning text to speech.
Immersive reader for Chrome
Immersive Reader is a free tool that implements proven techniques to improve reading and writing for people, regardless of their age or ability.
“I purchased this for my daughter who has been having a lot of difficulty accessing the online work set remotely by her teachers during our National Lockdown because of Covid-19. Her dyslexia was really hindering her ability to complete tasks and keep up which in turn led to increased anxiety levels...a really horrid place to be in during a global pandemic! Helper bird has been a vast help and I fully recommend it and wish more schools knew about it. Thank You Helper Bird.”
We help change people's lives from in the work place, school, researchers and everyone in between.
Helperbird is built to help students, but it has grown to allow everyone to be more productive and accessible.
350K+Users around the world using Helperbird each month.
170+Countries around the globe.
4.8+out of 5, the average review score of Helperbird.
Frequently asked questions
Can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Reach out to our customer support team.
- What is Helperbird?
- Helperbird is your all in one accessibility extension that gives you the features to make the web more accessible and productive. Providing you text to speech, OCR, dyslexia support, dictation, immersive reader, overlays, annotate any website, picture dictionary, Reader mode, and more.
- Do you offer discounts?
- Yes. When you pay for a year upfront, you’ll get two months free. We also offer discounts for students.
- How do I login ?
- We use the email your logged into Google Chrome or your browser. Suppose you need to update your email. Just contact us.
- Do you accept purchase orders?
- Yes we do. You can either contact support or visit our purchase orders page
- Do I need a student email for the student pricing?
- Yes, we are doing the honour system here. We will follow up to ask for confirmation you are a student.
- Is Helperbird Free?
- Yes. We give you the basic features for free. Those features will always be free. We have a Pro version, which helps support the development of Helperbird and the costs with the Pro features. We keep our prices as low as possible, which lower than others. If you have any questions I would love to answer them.
- Can we cancel at any time?
- There's no minimum contract for Helperbird — cancel at any time without penalty or hassle.. To cancel, open up the app, go to the subscription option, and click cancel.
- Why are we charging for this?
- The $6.99 per month is to support the cost of the development of new and upcoming features. We also do a yearly subscription for $60.00 as this is a one-person team.
- What browsers does Helperbird run on?
- Currently Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Edge. Coming soon on macOS Safari extension and iPad.
- I have a suggestion!
- Excellent I would love to hear about it! Email [email protected] with your suggestion.
- Does Helperbird and OpenDyslexic work on Google Docs?
- Yes! Google Docs currently doesn't support some fonts like OpenDyslexic. So we built CSS and support for these fonts.
- What if I have more questions?
- We'd be happy to answer them.